ZOOM!® Teeth Whitening
ZOOM!® Teeth Whitening
A natural, pearly-white smile is beautiful to look at and can significantly improve self-confidence. As a result, many people are opting for the Zoom!® Teeth Whitening System (Zoom!®) for safe, fast, and effective teeth whitening. Zoom!® incorporates the latest advances in dental technology with proven chemical formulas. The proven formula assures that the bleaching experience is painless, and the results are satisfying.
There are many causes why teeth become stained or discolored, including tobacco usage and drinking dark liquids such as coffee, red wine, cola, and tea. Nonetheless, the natural aging process and prescription medication use can also provoke yellowing and graying.
Hundreds of whitening treatments are available in the marketplace, including take-home strips, bleaching toothpaste, and take-home whitening gels. Unfortunately, many take-home gels are ineffective and may not elicit the desired results.
Benefits of ZOOM!® Teeth Whitening
• Treat all teeth simultaneously.
• Faster treatment times.
• Longer lasting results.
• Removes stains on veneers, crowns, and other restorations.
• Safe procedure and treatment.
• Reduced sensitivity.
• Treatments are performed by an experienced professional.
It is essential to seek advice from the dentist before beginning a bleaching regime. In addition, pregnant or lactating women should not seek bleaching treatment.
How Does Zoom! Whiten My Teeth?
Zoom!® teeth whitening is a bleaching system that lightens and brightens the dentin and enamel of the teeth. Zoom!® includes a hydrogen peroxide element (25%), which is the active ingredient in the gel. When hydrogen peroxide is used on the teeth, the peroxide component breaks down into tiny oxygen bubbles. These bubbles are what eliminate the yellowing and staining.
A mercury metal halide light is utilized to activate the gel and expedite the whitening process. In addition, this specialized light contains a unique infrared filter that reduces the amount of heat and sensitivity on the surface of the teeth during the procedure. As a result, the internal structure of the teeth remains completely healthy and intact during and after the treatment.
Zoom!® Teeth Whitening Treatment
Like other whitening systems, the post-treatment results can vary according to the level of staining and the condition of your teeth. Schedule a consultation with the dentist before treatment will supply information on the results Zoom!® can provide in specific instances. In addition, we will only apply Zoom!® teeth whitening to healthy teeth and gums. Before the bleaching treatment can begin, you must control any tooth decay or gum disease issues.
About The Zoom!® Teeth Whitening Treatment
Before treatment, there will be a consultation where the dentist will outline the exact procedure. Then, on treatment day, Dr. Spellman will perform a deep cleaning (prophylaxis) to rid the teeth of debris and plaque. Then, Dr. Spellman will provide unique eyewear to protect the eyes from the halide light and splash guards to shield the clothing from the bleaching agent.
A brief overview of the Zoom!® procedure:
1. The dentist will place cheek retractors to expose the entire surface of your teeth.
2. Your gums will be completely painted or covered to reduce any sensitivity.
3. The dentist will then apply the teeth whitening gel to your teeth.
4. Dr. Spellman will then use the halide light to activate the gel. This specialized Zoom!® light is positioned to work on all your teeth simultaneously.
5. After 15 minutes, Dr. Spellman will remove the gel from your teeth, and the mouth will be rinsed.
6. The dentist will apply more gel for another 15 minutes.
7. Again, the gel is removed, and The dentist will thoroughly cleanse the mouth.
8. Dr. Spellman will apply the last treatment of gel for 15 minutes.
9. The gel will be released for the last time.
What happens after Zoom!® treatment?
The same external factors that caused the discoloration can quickly work their way back onto the teeth. Because of this, the dentist recommends flossing once a day, brushing with anti-sensitivity toothpaste twice a day, and occasional retreatment with Zoom!® Weekender. These post-treatment measures will guarantee that the smile stays at its whitest for a long time.
If you have any questions about the Zoom!® Chairside System, contact Eric Spellman, DMD, and we will gladly answer all your questions.