SAME DAY DENTAL CROWNS
CEREC Same Day Crowns
Dental crowns are one of the most common and popular types of dental restorations. They work by covering the affected tooth, preventing further damage and decay from occurring. They also restore the strength, size, and shape of the tooth, so that you can continue to bite, chew, and speak normally without any compromises. Today, crowns are available in a variety of material, including porcelain which can be color-matched to your existing teeth, enabling the solution to be as discreet as it is functional.
Until fairly recently, the process of receiving a dental crown required multiple appointments with your dentist. These would involve:
– an examination of your teeth to check if any underlying problems require treatment
– Filing down (or in the case of there not being much tooth left, building up) the tooth to provide a good, supportive fit for the crown
– Taking impressions of your teeth which will be used to design your crown and ensure that it is the right shape and size to fit perfectly and look natural
– Deciding on the type of crown that you want and the color that most closely resembles your existing teeth
– Covering your pre-prepared teeth with a temporary crown while the permanent version is being created
– Returning to fit your custom-designed, permanent crown
However, with Same Day Crowns, all of the different aspects of the process are condensed into one visit to our office.
What are Same Day Crowns?
Same Day Crowns are a revolutionary process in which dental restorations can be created in a matter of a few hours. They are designed using state-of-the-art CAD/CAM and CEREC® technology which creates a precision 3D model of your mouth and affected tooth. This model is then electronically transferred to our onsite milling center where your new crown will be built from scratch while you relax in our comfortable waiting area. A short while later, Dr. Spellman will be able to fit your new, permanent crown, and you will leave our offices with your smile completely restored.
Advantages of Same Day Crowns
The most obvious benefit of Same Day Crowns is convenience, as the work can be completed in only one visit to our offices. However, the technology used also offers patients a number of other advantages including:
– Fewer injections
– Same day color, enabling you to leave with a crown that looks natural rather than putting up with a metal temporary restoration until your final crown is ready
– Enhanced accuracy and precision, ensuring the best possible fit
– a process that happens right in front of you, so that you can watch everything from start to finish
– Crowns that are just as strong and durable as those prepared in a non-same day service
Am I a suitable candidate for a Same Day dental crown?
Dental crowns are a popular reconstructive solution and may be recommended for a variety of reasons. If you have teeth that are:
– cracked or broken
– severely damaged by dental decay
– stained or discolored
– in need of bridgework
You may be a suitable candidate for a Same Day Crown. However, it will be necessary for Dr. Spellman to thoroughly assess the condition of your teeth before you can be approved for a Same Day Crown procedure.
Contact Us to Learn More
We are delighted to be able to offer our patients Same Day Crowns using revolutionary technology. If you would like to find out more about Same Day Crowns, call our Larchmont, NY office today at (914) 315-4446.